LeFevre Family Association
The LeFevre Family Association was founded in 1967 by descendants of Simon LeFevre to assist the Huguenot Historical Society in purchasing and maintaining the LeFevre House in New Paltz, New York. Simon LeFevre was one of twelve men, called patentees, who received in 1677 a patent for land in New Paltz from Governor Andros (Governor of the Colony of New York). Simon LeFevre and the other patentees settled in New Paltz and built stone houses, some of which are still standing today on Huguenot Street.
The LeFevre Family Association's mission is to maintain the historic LeFevre House and to assist Historic Huguenot Street in preserving, maintaining, and protecting the old houses on Huguenot Street (one of the oldest streets in America), to educate youth and adults concerning the American heritage and historical region of New Paltz, and to perpetuate and commemorate the virtues and ideals of the Huguenot patentees.
To become a member of the LeFevre Family Association, click here.